General Information for Students
Major Health Partners is pleased to share in your exploration of a health career. We offer various types of educational health care opportunities that align with a student’s goals and level of experience. Major Health Partners exists to create and deliver superior health care solutions by providing our patients and other customers with optimal clinical and economic outcomes.
We attain these goals by combining the following attributes:
- Attracting and retaining a professional, adaptable, caring staff dedicated to life-long learning using a continuous quality improvement process. Our staff is measured and rewarded using these same principals.
- Combining innovation, existing clinical technologies, disease prevention, management and information technologies to meet customer needs.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO REQUESTED DATE OF EXPERIENCE. *
(*WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLINICAL ROTATION APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE ONLY ACCEPTED DURING THE SPECIFIED APPLICATION WINDOWS.)
WHAT EXPERIENCES WE OFFER:
- Job Shadow/Observation~ An observation-only opportunity for students 16 years of age and older who wish to explore health career professions.
- Internships ~ These may be for personal experience or a requirement of an educational program related to a student’s future profession and/or degree. These may be paid or unpaid internships.
- Clinical Observations ~ Required observation hours for degree programs or for college application requirements.
- Advance Practice Rotations ~ Clinical rotations required by advance practice nursing degree programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Complete the appropriate application.
- Please fill out the application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If approved for any of our educational experiences, you will need to provide the following:
- A copy of your immunization record
- Obtain a two-step tuberculin test and provide a copy of the results
- For experiences occurring between October 1 through March 31, provide proof of flu vaccination.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
- Please allow a two-week processing period. During this time, your application is reviewed and availability is determined.
- Each applicant will receive an email response to their request within the two-week processing period.
- If accepted, you will be notified by email. The email will contain instructions on how to make an appointment with MHP Education Services to provide the required immunization and medical documents and complete the mandatory paperwork.