Major Hospital is committed to providing financial assistance to uninsured and underinsured individuals who are in need of emergency or medically necessary care, pursuant to the Major Hospital financial assistance policy. Patients eligible for financial assistance under this policy will not be charged more for emergency or medically necessary care than the amount generally billed to insured patients. Patients seeking financial assistance must complete an application form and provide supporting documentation specified in the application.
Financial Assistance Policy
- Click here to view a copy of our Financial Assistance Policy. Haga clic aquí para ver una copia de la Política de Asistencia Financiera en español.
Application Form for Financial Assistance - Click here to download an application for financial assistance
. Haga clic aquí para descargar una solicitud de ayuda financiera.
How to Apply
- Financial assistance application forms and the complete financial assistance policy, as well as Spanish translations of each, can also be obtained in the following ways.
Eligibility for Assistance
- Call, visit, or email the MHP Patient Financial Services offices.
- Request an application form at any MHP physician office or hospital registration location.
- Meet with a MHP Patient Advocate. Patient Advocates also assist patients with the application process for Indiana Medicaid, the Healthy Indiana Plan, and the public Marketplace.
- Telephone: (317) 421-5717 to schedule an appointment.
– Determination of financial assistance eligibility is based on income level. Patients with a household income level of 250% of the Federal Poverty Level or less may be eligible for discounts ranging from 25% to 100% of the balance owed.
To speak with a financial counselor about financial assistance, please call 1-317-421-5717.